Change of Grade
To change grades please click on the Faculty and Staff forms from the Registrar's Office. You will need the information below to change the grade.
- Student Name and A-Number
- Course Information: CRN, Subject, Course, Semester, Year
- Previous Grade and New Grade
- If the change of grade request comes from someone other than the primary instructor of record, the instructor will be copied on the confirmation of the grade change.
- If the grade being changed is older than one year, the Dean of the college will be copied on the confirmation of the grade change.
Procedures for Students Not Meeting Professional Expectations
The following procedures are to be followed as early in the semester as possible when a student’s performance in a teacher preparation course may result in the student being dropped from the teacher preparation program.
- The instructor addresses the academic performance issues with the student either face-to-face or electronically. If instructors wish, they may reach out to the Director of Undergraduate Teacher Preparation for assistance.
- If this fails to produce changes in performance, the instructor schedules and conducts a personal contact with the student in which the performance issues and remedies are specified in writing in the student contact report form which is then dated and signed by the instructor and the student.
- The contact report form is forwarded to the Director of Undergraduate Teacher Preparation with a recommendation from the instructor as to whether intervention should be escalated to the Director or not.
- The director will establish a discussion board concerning the student and will ask past and present instructors to provide information about the student’s previous and current performance.
- The director will determine, based on the recommendation of the instructor submitting the student contact form and information gathered through the discussion board, whether to intervene one-on-one or to convene a panel of TEAL faculty to review the student’s issues and make recommendation and requirements for improving that student’s performance.
- Recommendations and requirements from the committee will be communicated in writing to the student within five business days.
These Procedures are not to be followed if a student violates student code through academic dishonesty, classroom incivility or threats/harassment to self or others. Rather, the instructor should inform the Department Head and the Director of Ungraduated Teacher Preparation and also contact the university’s office of student affairs for guidance on their procedures to be followed. Coordinating with that office, the department reserves the right to conduct its own investigation and enforce its own sanctions to maintain the integrity of its program.
Incomplete Grade Information
If you wish to give a student an incomplete grade, please use the Incomplete Grade form. Please make sure the reason for the incomplete grade and required work to be completed in order to remove the incomplete are documented on the form. A copy of the completed form needs to be on file with the department office and the Dean's office.
Professional Purchase Request
Use this form to request the purchase of items for professional use including classroom supplies, books for research, new/replacement equipment, etc. To begin this process, complete the form and send a file attachment via email or hard copy to Kathy Nielsen, the business manager. She will then send it to the department head for approval. Once signed, she will insert the index number used for reimbursement and move it forward to Lauren Shanley, the staff assistant who will then place the order.
Travel Authorization Form
Use this Travel Authorization form when traveling for the University, even if there will not be any reimbursement. It must be submitted and approved PRIOR to travel. Do not incur any travel related expenses until the TA has been approved. To begin this process, complete the form and send it to Kathy Nielsen, the business manages. She will then send it to the department head for approval, either in hard copy or as a file attachment via e-mail. Once signed, she will insert the index number used for reimbursement and move it forward to Nissa Boman, who will process your travel authorization.
The Travel Reimbursement form can be submitted prior to travel for any expenses incurred after approval of the TA and at least two weeks prior to travel. All expenses must be supported by a receipt that includes detailed information of the expense AND proof of payment. If you are unsure if your documentation is sufficient, ask Nissa. The quickest way to receive reimbursement is to sign up for Accounts Payable Direct Deposit. You can do this via Banner. Once logged in, click on the "Personal Information" tab. On that tab, click the "View/Update Direct Deposit Information" link, enter the required information, click save, and you are finished.
Membership and Conference Registration
Reimbursement for membership is allowed if the total cost of membership plus the cost of member registration is less than the non-member registration. If this is the case, you can be reimbursed for both because it is saving the university money.
Mileage Tracking Form
Use this milage tracking form if you are tracking mileage for site visits, supervision, etc. over an extended period of time. If the travel is not tied to the semester (e.g. supervision) the December 15 and May 15 deadlines can be ignored.