Admission to the Instructional Leadership Program
Application Deadlines and Phone Interview Schedule:
|Term||Application Deadline||Phone Interview||Online Orientation||Semester Begins|
|Spring 2020||21 October 2019||11-15 November 2019||5 December 2019, 5:00pm||6 January 2020|
|Summer 2020||2 March 2020||23-27 March 2020||9 April 2020, 5:00pm||4 May 2020|
|Fall 2020||1 July 2020||13-17 July 2020||6 August 2020, 5:00pm||31 August 2020|
MEd in Instructional Leadership
In addition to the application for license only applicants for the master's degree must complete the following:
- Application completed with the School of Graduate Studies at Utah State University
- The Graduate School requires either the GRE or Miller's Analogy test with a score above the 40th percentile.
- Application fee: The School of Graduate Studies requires an additional application fee.
- Letters of recommendation: We suggest you have those who wrote letters for the program application upload that same letter when they receive the request from the School of Graduate Studies.
- Application required - https://applynow.usu.edu
- Three Letters of Recommendation are required and should address your effectiveness as a teacher and potential as an education leader. One of the letters must come from your principal or immediate administrative supervisor, one from the Superintendent or someone from the district office, and one from a person of your choice. Please send the individuals you select the link to the form and they can submit the form directly to us by saving the form and attaching it to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $50 non-refundable program fee mailed to the following: ASC Program 2805 Old Main Hill Logan UT 84322
- Official Graduate Transcripts which list your awarded Master's degree (We do not need these if your Master's degree is from USU)
- Copy of current teaching license ( if anticipating a Utah license you must have a level 2 teaching license)
- Evidence of clearing a USOE fingerprint background check. Procedure.
- Evidence of being deemed effective or higher by your districts system.
- Interview: After completing the admissions checklist, you will be invited to participate in a telephone interview with the admissions committee. The interview should take approximately 15 minutes. Rating Sheet
For an estimated price for our program please look at the tuition and fees schedule. Please reference the last page for the online courses fee. For information regarding Financial Aid please visit their website or call them at 435-797-0173.
For information contact:
MEd in Instructional Leadership: Dr. Amanda Taggart (email@example.com) 435-797-1474
ASC Program: Dr. Greg Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org) 435-797-3912
ASC Program, Utah State University
School of Teacher Education and Leadership
2805 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-2805