Admission to the Instructional Leadership Program
Application Deadlines and Phone Interview Schedule:
|Term||Application Deadline||Phone Interview||Online Orientation||Semester Begins|
|Spring 2020||21 October 2019||11-15 November 2019||5 December 2019, 5:00pm||6 January 2020|
|Summer 2020||2 March 2020||23-27 March 2020||9 April 2020, 5:00pm||4 May 2020|
|Fall 2020||1 July 2020||13-17 July 2020||6 August 2020, 5:00pm||31 August 2020|
Admission to the licensure only program requires students be a licensed level II teacher and hold a Master's degree in an education or closely related field. Applicants with Master's degrees in other areas may be required to take additional courses.
- Application required - https://applynow.usu.edu
- Three Letters of Recommendation are required and should address your effectiveness as a teacher and potential as an education leader. One of the letters must come from your principal or immediate administrative supervisor, one from the Superintendent or someone from the district office, and one from a person of your choice. Please send the individuals you select the link to the form and they can submit the form directly to us by saving the form and attaching it to an email to email@example.com.
- $50 non-refundable program fee mailed to the following: ASC Program 2805 Old Main Hill Logan UT 84322
- Official Graduate Transcripts which list your awarded Master's degree (We do not need these if your Master's degree is from USU)
- Copy of current teaching license ( if anticipating a Utah license you must have a level 2 teaching license)
- Evidence of clearing a USOE fingerprint background check. Procedure.
- Evidence of being deemed effective or higher by your districts system.
- Interview: After completing the admissions checklist, you will be invited to participate in a telephone interview with the admissions committee. The interview should take approximately 15 minutes. Rating Sheet
For an estimated price for our program please look at the tuition and fees schedule. Please reference the last page for the online courses fee. For information regarding Financial Aid please visit their website or call them at 435-797-0173.
For information contact:
ASC Program: Dr. Greg Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org) 435-797-3912
ASC Program, Utah State University
School of Teacher Education and Leadership
2805 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-2805