Admission Process Curriculum and Instruction (C & I) PhD and EdD Degree Programs
General Application Requirements:
- The application deadline for the Logan-based C&I Doctoral Program is February 1.
- The application deadline for our distance doctoral cohorts is February 1 of even-numbered years.
- Decisions regarding assistantships for full-time Logan doctoral students are generally made in March or April for the following academic year. Assistantships are limited, and to be considered for an assistantship, applicants must be prepared to teach undergraduate teacher education courses or work as research assistants.
- Admitted students will matriculate the following fall semester.
- Applicants must show evidence of at least two years of successful teaching experience and have completed a master's degree in education or closely related field (e.g., Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences).
Checklist for admission:
- Submit separate application materials to the USU School of Graduate Studies and to the Curriculum and Instruction Doctoral Program.
- To apply, carefully follow the directions you will find here.
- Application questions should be addressed to Krista Terrell.
What we're looking for when we review your file:
A strong file should meet or exceed the application requirements, contain evidence of two years teaching experience, and identify research goals that align with faculty member interests. Applications not complete within one year are closed and the applicant will need to reapply, unless an extension is requested and approved. Please contact us if you need an extension.
Program Staff Assistant: Krista Terrell | firstname.lastname@example.org | 435-797-1473
Program Director: Dr. Sylvia Read | email@example.com | 435-797-0382
School of Teacher Education and Leadership
2805 Old Main Hill
Utah State University
Logan, UT 84322-2805