Mathematics Endorsement Level 2
Students who wish to become licensed to teach Middle-Level Math may complete the Level 2 Math Endorsement as part of their undergraduate degree. The Level 2 Mathematics Endorsement will allow students to teach 7th and 8th grade math courses.
The following is a list of required courses for the endorsement. Minimum grades of C are required in each course. The Mathematics Level 2 Endorsement also requires a passing score on the Middle-Level Math Praxis Exam.
- MATH 1050 College Algebra or
- MATH 1051
- MATH 1060 Trigonometry
- MATH 1210 Calculus I
- MATH 2010 Algebraic Thinking & Number Sense for Elementary Education School Teachers
- MATH 2020 Euclidean Geometry & Statistics for Elementary Education School Teachers
- STAT 3000 Statistics for Scientists
- TEAL 5500 Integration & Innovation of Technology in Education
- MATH 3110 Modern Geometry
- MATH 3010 or MATH 4400 Algebra/Number from Teaching Perspective
- TEAL 4630/6630 Middle Level Math Methods
- Praxis II Middle Level Mathematics (5169)
Undergraduate elementary education students pursuing the Elementary Education grades 1-8 licensing program may complete the Middle-Level 2 Math Endorsement. The Middle-Level 2 Math Endorsement cannot be completed as part of an Early Childhood Education or K-6 program.
Secondary Education Students may complete the Middle-Level 2 Mathematics Endorsement along with their teaching major and teaching minor content area programs.
For more information about the Middle-Level 2 Mathematics Endorsement please contact the TEAL Advising Center: (435) 797-0391
For more information about teaching mathematics at the secondary education level please contact the Math Department.
Mathematics & Statistics
Utah State University
3900 Old Main Hill
Logan, Utah 84322-3900
To schedule an advising appointment please email Linda Skabelund email@example.com