How to Apply for Student Teaching
Steps to Apply
You will need to apply for Student Teaching here and submit the following documents online to Canvas.
After you complete application print off a copy to take with you to your advisor meeting.
1. Fill out Personal Data Sheet and attach your picture
2. Complete your Autobiography (see links to the right)
3. Student Teaching License
4. Advisor Approval Form
Please make an appointment with your advisor to complete the Advisor Approval Form. This will help you know if you are indeed ready to student teach. www.cehs.usu.edu/advising (Logan students) or contact your regional campus advisor.
If you have not applied for graduation, please do so at this time: https://www.usu.edu/registrar/graduation/apply-online
If you have not applied for licensure, please do so at this time: http://www.cehs.usu.edu/teached/application
Student Teaching License
1. Go to https://secure.utah.gov/elr/welcome.html .
2. Complete the Ethics Review (FIRST BOX).
3. You have recieved an email with your CACTUS ID. USE THIS NUMBER TO APPLY FOR YOUR STUDENT TEACHING LICENSE. PLEASE KEEP THIS EMAIL AS THIS NUMBER IS ONE YOU SHOULD MEMORIZE AS YOU WILL USE IT OFTEN THROUGHOUT YOUR TEACHING CAREER.
4. On the same website, go to the Student Teacher/Intern License box and complete that form. Within 2-3 hours, you will receive an email from the USOE and it will have your Student Teaching License in that email. Please upload a copy to the email above. Print a copy for your records and keep it with your other important papers. SAVE THAT EMAIL FOR FUTURE USE.
When it comes time to student teach, please print off enough copies (double sided, in color, on cardstock with your autobiography) for your principal(s), cooperating teacher(s) and supervisor(s). These are not busy work, but help those supporting you in your student teaching experience to get to know you and speak knowledgeably of you when districts reach out to them about you for hiring purposes.