Skip to main content

Faculty Resources

TEAL Awards

Change of Grade

To change grades please click on the Faculty and Staff forms from the Registrar's Office. You will need the information below to change the grade.

  • Student Name and A-Number
  • Course Information: CRN, Subject, Course, Semester, Year
  • Previous Grade and New Grade
  • If the change of grade request comes from someone other than the primary instructor of record, the instructor will be copied on the confirmation of the grade change.
  • If the grade being changed is older than one year, the Dean of the college will be copied on the confirmation of the grade change.

Procedures for Students Not Meeting Professional Expectations

The following procedures are to be followed as early in the semester as possible when a student’s performance in a teacher preparation course may result in the student being dropped from the teacher preparation program.

  1. The instructor addresses the academic performance issues with the student either face-to-face or electronically. If instructors wish, they may reach out to the Director of Undergraduate Teacher Preparation for assistance.
  2. If this fails to produce changes in performance, the instructor schedules and conducts a personal contact with the student in which the performance issues and remedies are specified in writing in the student contact report form which is then dated and signed by the instructor and the student.
  3. The contact report form is forwarded to the Director of Undergraduate Teacher Preparation with a recommendation from the instructor as to whether intervention should be escalated to the Director or not.
  4. The director will establish a discussion board concerning the student and will ask past and present instructors to provide information about the student’s previous and current performance.
  5. The director will determine, based on the recommendation of the instructor submitting the student contact form and information gathered through the discussion board, whether to intervene one-on-one or to convene a panel of TEAL faculty to review the student’s issues and make recommendation and requirements for improving that student’s performance.
  6. Recommendations and requirements from the committee will be communicated in writing to the student within five business days.

These Procedures are not to be followed if a student violates student code through academic dishonesty, classroom incivility or threats/harassment to self or others. Rather, the instructor should inform the Department Head and the Director of Ungraduated Teacher Preparation and also contact the university’s office of student affairs for guidance on their procedures to be followed. Coordinating with that office, the department reserves the right to conduct its own investigation and enforce its own sanctions to maintain the integrity of its program.

Incomplete Grade Information

If you wish to give a student an incomplete grade, please use the Incomplete Grade form. Please make sure the reason for the incomplete grade and required work to be completed in order to remove the incomplete are documented on the form. A copy of the completed form needs to be on file with the department office and the Dean's office.

Syllabi Matrix Template

Professional Purchase Request

Use this form to request the purchase of items for professional use including classroom supplies, books for research, new/replacement equipment, etc. To begin this process, complete the form and send a file attachment via email or hard copy to Kathy Nielsen, the business manager. She will then send it to the department head for approval. Once signed, she will insert the index number used for reimbursement and move it forward to Lauren Shanley, the staff assistant who will then place the order.

Travel Authorization Form

Use this Travel Authorization form when traveling for the University, even if there will not be any reimbursement. This form must be submitted and approved PRIOR to travel. Do not incur any travel related expenses until the TA has been approved. To begin this process, complete this form and send it to the department Business Manager, Kathy Nielsen. The Business Manager will add approval and funding information to the form and move it forward to the department Travel Specialist, Nissa Boman, who will process your travel authorization in ServiceNow. Once the ServiceNow TA form is built and submitted, it will be circulated for needed approvals which include the Department Head.

Travel Reimbursement

The Travel Reimbursement form is used to request reimbursement. This form can be submitted prior to travel for any expenses incurred after approval of the TA and at least two weeks prior to travel. Otherwise, it should be submitted after the travel has occurred. All expenses must be supported by a receipt that includes detailed information of the expense AND proof of payment. This form and the required documentation is submitted to the Travel Specialist, Nissa Boman. If you are unsure if your documentation is sufficient, please ask Nissa. You are required to have an Accounts Payable Direct Deposit account set up in order to receive your travel reimbursement. You can do this via Banner Access. Once logged in, click on the "Personal Information" tab. On that tab, click the "View/Update Direct Deposit Information" link, make sure that the Accounts Payable Deposit section (at the bottom of the page) is accurately completed or updated. If you add any information or make any changes, make sure to click on the save button. While you are in the “Personal Information” tab, please also verify that your address information is accurately updated.

Membership and Conference Registration

Reimbursement for membership is allowed if the total cost of membership plus the cost of member registration is less than the non-member registration. If this is the case, you can be reimbursed for both because it is saving the university money.

Mileage Tracking Form

Use this milage tracking form if you are tracking mileage for site visits, supervision, etc. over an extended period of time. If the travel is not tied to the semester (e.g. supervision) the December 15 and May 15 deadlines can be ignored.

Teal Talk Recordings with Rand Spiro

Teal Talk Presentation
TEAL Talk Conversation