How to Apply
Steps to Apply:
- Create an Account. To begin the process click here
- Start an Application
- Add required supplemental items
- Statement of Purpose
- Enter names and email address for 3 people you want to provide letters of recommendation.
- Take GRE or MAT - A score at or above the 40th percentile on the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE, or the 40th percentile on the entire MAT.
- Provide a copy of your transcripts - must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher during most recent 60 credits. * If you attended USU, we will obtain your transcript.
- International applicants: must take TOEFL or IELTS
Admission Requirements for Master's Degree Programs
- Completed application for admission
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Transcripts of all college/university credits
- GPA of 3.0 (B) or higher during most recent 60 credits
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE), verbal (minimum 40th percentile) and quantitative (minimum 40th percentile) portions, OR Miller Analogies Exam, minimum score 40th percentile
- Three favorable letters of recommendation
What we're looking for and when decisions are made:
A strong file should meet or exceed the admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies and contain evidence of one year teaching experience. Please write something substantial for your essay that will give our faculty an insight into your goals for graduate study. Applicants who do not complete their applications within one year will have their file closed. In this case, the applicant will need to reapply unless an extension is requested and approved. Please contact us if you need an extension. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis; however, rough admission deadlines are as follows: March 15 for Summer Semester, June 15 for Fall Semester, and October 15 for Spring Semester.
Kimberly Lott, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Coordinator: